Subject: Re: POWERVIEW
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 14:45:54 -0500

On 22-Dec-95 10:36:11, Bryan J. Blevins ([email-masked]) Emailed: 

> Ya gotta have NT for the GL powerviewer.

> BTW, Fori is working on a 3DR version for the other Windows flavors. 
> Not quite as nice, but still useful.

No, this is not quite correct. I have installed it on a '95 system, I just
had to also download the OpenGL DLL driver file and drop it in the Windows
system directory. I'm pretty sure the DLL file for '95 was also on the
NewTek FTP site, but then again, maybe I fetched it from the MS site
instead... At any rate, it's available, and PowerView can be use without
NT, at least on a '95 system.

I'm a little confused about the implementation, since after adding it as a
plugin, it does not appear in the plugin list, but if I use the option to
assign it to a function key, it appears there, and works.

I had the same behavior on our Raptor3 under NT, and on a P133 with '95.
But heck, it's free, and it works, so I'm not complaining... ;-)

--
      ______________________________________________________________
     /     John Crookshank         | Raptor3 DEC Alpha Workstations \
    |  MicroTech Solutions, Inc.   | Lightwave 3D, Toaster/Flyer     |
    | Desktop Video Systems Dealer | JVC Professional Video Products |
    | NewTek Systems Group Dealer  | PVR, Speed Razor, and more.     |
    |------------------------------|---------------------------------|
    |     [email-masked]              http://www.mt-inc.com/       |
     \______________________________________________________________/